As travel picks up with the opening of borders, find out what to keep in mind when booking your next flight, how to prepare for your trip and the necessary things to note when you depart from or arrive at Changi Airport.
Things to keep in mind when booking your flight
1. Check entry requirements for different countries – Visit Singapore Airlines’ Travel Advisories page to know the necessary documents or testing required and the Visa and Immigration Requirements page for visa and passport validity requirements for the destination(s) you are headed to. For travellers arriving in Singapore, details of what is required can be found here.
2. Select the Auto Check-In (ACI) option. With ACI, you can automatically check-in with ease 48 hours before your flight departs. If you missed this option when booking your flight online, you can still do it through Manage Booking. For travellers who did not select ACI, you will receive an email check-in reminder 48 hours prior to your scheduled departure, and have the option to check-in via singaporeair.com or the SingaporeAir Mobile App.
Before you arrive at Changi Airport for your flight
1. Check-in online before heading to the airport.
a) Ensure your travel document information is updated accurately when you check in
b) Upload health certificate(s)* and generate your boarding pass
c) Declare the number of bags to be checked in
d) Print your baggage tags when you arrive at Changi Airport’s self-service kiosk. Please note that this service is only available for travel out of Singapore.
Travellers who check in via the SingaporeAir Mobile App, may simply scan their Mobile Boarding Pass (MBP)** QR code at the self-service kiosk when they arrive at Changi Airport.
* Please check the Online or Mobile Check-In page for eligible routes
** Bag tag generation will only be available for eligible passengers travelling on selected routes
2. In line with Singapore’s regulations, all travellers (6 years and above) must wear a mask when travelling to Changi Airport on any form of public transportation and throughout their journey at the airport and on board Singapore Airlines.
3. Download the SingaporeAir Mobile App to have all the necessary information at your fingertips. Simply add your trip by entering your booking reference number and receive updates on your flight such as check-in reminders, boarding alerts, gate and baggage belt information.
Departing from Changi Airport
1. For a relaxing journey, head to the airport at least 3 hours before your flight time. Take note of the terminal number that is displayed on your boarding pass or booking confirmation.
2. At the airport, proceed to the check-in row noted alongside your flight number (Please note that certain destinations will not allow you to go to self service check-in kiosks due to requirements to view documentation prior to check-in)
3. If you did not check-in online prior to arriving at Changi Airport, check-in for your flight at the self-service check-in kiosk. Make sure to have a digitally verifiable health certificate ready (must include QR code), as required by your destination country. After checking in and getting your boarding pass and bag tags printed, proceed to drop off your bags after tagging.
Arriving at Changi Airport
All passengers arriving in Singapore must submit the SG Arrival Card and the accompanying electronic Health Declaration within three days before the flight. Please note that the SG Arrival Card is not a visa. You may refer to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (Singapore)’s site for more information.
We hope that this guide makes travelling through Changi Airport a breeze before you embark on your next adventure. Got a bit of extra time? Explore all of the things there are to see and eat at Jewel Changi Airport, the airport’s nature-themed retail complex. Remember to check what’s open before you arrive!