- Singapore films, plays, music, food and more are in the spotlight at two arts festivals in New York and one in Brisbane this September.
- Sarajevo has emerged from its past of strife, fuelled by community spirit – and potent coffee. By Rachel Lees.
- At Singapore’s most iconic bar, our writer learns to make the cocktail that’s synonymous with the island city.
- At first glance, this community in Benin appears to be flooded. But take a closer look and you’ll see that this is no natural disaster – rather, it’s the largest collection of lake dwellings in Africa.
- The SILVERKRIS team tests out the new Instagram format that lets users post portrait and landscape pictures.
Activities - September 3, 2015
- Expect impressive special effects and some great love ballads when Ghost The Musical opens at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore.
- The world’s biggest manmade ice cave, comprising a tunnel and various chambers carved into the Langjokull glacier in Iceland, is now open for exploration.
- You don’t have to fork out a cent to enjoy a new wave of free leisure activities in Singapore that go beyond walks in parks and museum visits. Here’s where you can play, relax and work out with like-minded people.
- Williams team driver Felipe Massa has competed in more than 220 F1 races in his 13-year career. We chat with the Brazilian driver on his pre-race rituals and must-have lucky charm.
- Erin Fletcher, acting marketing executive communications for Singapore Airlines’ Sydney office highlights multi-ethnic dining haunts and hidden attractions in the cosmopolitan city.
- Mario Batali dishes on how gourmet globetrotters can discover the heart and soul of simple cooking anywhere on earth.
Others - September 1, 2015
- Our SILVERKRIS team member and intrepid traveller put the Apple Watch to the test on a recent trip to Portugal. Here’s what she discovered.
Others - September 1, 2015
- Put your mind at ease when you’re on the road, with a range of gadgets that help keep an eye on you and your belongings.
Shopping - August 31, 2015
- Eco-makeovers aren’t just reducing the carbon footprint of these older buildings, they are also making them more attractive and comfortable.
Places - August 31, 2015
- Don’t settle for touristy souvenir T-shirts when you can get the work of young designers (and a shoemaker) – Ong Shunmugam, Edwin Neo and Chelsea Scott-Blackhall – who are putting fashion from Singapore on the world map.
- Muthu’s Curry celebrates its 46th anniversary this year with the Mannuvasanai menu, comprising authentic signature dishes from Chettinad.
- If you can't travel to the bustling souks of Istanbul just yet, pick up beautifully designed jewellery and fine homeware from Singapore's very special Turkish Delight pop-up bazaar from August 28 to September 20.
- Lime margarita truffle, salted egg yolk, and parma ham and pork floss are among the adventurous flavours of mooncakes available this Mid-Autumn Festival.
- Internet sensation Grumpy Cat will be the first ever cat to be immortalised in wax museum, Madame Tussaud’s history.
- Creative and modern Southeast Asian fare combine with cool, locally-inspired cocktails at owner-chef Ryan Clift’s Ding Dong in Singapore. SilverKris tries their new menu.