Lithium-ion batteries with a maximum voltage of 160Wh and lithium-metal batteries are allowed on board SilkAir flights. Devices using high-voltage batteries, such as wheelchairs and mobility aids, are also permitted on board, provided you give at least 48 hours’ notice to our reservations department and airport check-in staff.
SilkAir does not allow lithium batteries that are not placed inside electronic gadgets in checked-in baggage. Lithium-battery powered transport devices, such as hoverboards and mini Segways, are also banned in both carry-on and checked-in baggage.
Safety tips when using lithium batteries on board
- To prevent overheating, insert lithium-metal batteries according to the polarities marked on the battery and your electronic device.
- Do not cover your device’s charger when in use.
- Do not let lithium batteries come into contact with metal objects, or with other unpacked batteries. This may cause them to short-circuit.
- Do not leave devices plugged into the charger for longer than necessary. Once it’s fully charged, disconnect and turn the charger off.
- Do not place heavy objects on electronic devices or allow them to get wet.
- Do not leave lithium-ion batteries unattended while charging.
SEE ALSO: 5 new sharing services designed to make the world a better place